Oil Price website is a leading online source for energy news and updates, covering many sectors from crude oil to natural gas, to solar and hydro energy and new energy technologies.
They’ve recently covered the ECat and Andrea Rossi in a thorough interview that covered a lot about the technology, including:
- Why it took so long for Rossi to go public with his discovery.
- How the E-Cat will produce energy costing $10/megawatt hour.
- When he will release more detailed information on the E-Cat.
- Why he believes international media coverage of the E-Cat has been so muted.
- His feelings towards critics and the scientific community.
- His manufacturing and distribution goals.
- How the E-cat will help reduce mankind’s dependency on fossil fuels.
Safety, functionality, regulations, competitors, Rossi’s past and the future of the ECat technology have all been touched in one way or another.
One of the things to take out from their discussion is one of the main long-run benefits that the ECat presumably offers to home users:
Oilprice.com: Over the 30 year life span of the E-Cat, taking into account the purchase cost, running costs, maintenance costs, etc. How much should the E-Cat save a homeowner?
Andrea Rossi: Obviously there are many factors that will influence the answer to this question. The payback period could span from anywhere between a few months to three years, but after that the customer should save at least 66% of his normal energy bill.
Full interview by James Burgess is available here.