Circle the date Friday the 28 of October 2011 in your calendar. That’s the date when history was made. That’s when more than 100 small Energy Catalyzers, E-cats were connected in parallel. That’s when 2,635 kWh during five and a half hours of self sustained mode was released from the large 1MW Ecat Plant. That’s equivalent to an average power of 479 kilowatts. To put this in Andrea Rossi’s own words:
To understand that this is a breakthrough…
You can also think that hundreds of billions of dollars have been spent to try to have a COP [coefficient of performance] of 1.1 with nuclear fusion. Today we have made a theoretically endless COP making 470 kilowatt hour per hour of completely free energy, free of fuel. Yes, I think this is a breakthrough.
Of course this is the first step, but it is a very important first step….
There were about 30 persons in total personally invited by Andrea Rossi himself to this historic event. Among those were journalists, scientists and business interests. His secret customer was apparently happy with the results and later Rossi claimed a sale had been made. To continuously pushing this kind of progress and further develop the Ecat Technology is costly, so making this sale was of significant meaning to Rossi.
Journalists from NyTeknik, PESN and Focus was present and has released detailed reports. Below are just a few articles from both media outlets present in Bologna but also mainstream media like Wired UK.
- Mats Lewan reports from NyTeknik: Half a megawatt e-cat in Bologna
- PDF Test report from Bologna (Hosted at NyTeknik)
- Allan Sterling reports from PESN: 1 MW E-Cat Cold Fusion Device Test Successful
- Wired UK: Success for Andrea Rossi’s E-Cat cold fusion system, but mysteries remain
- IReport: COLD FUSION GENERATOR WORKS BUT A.P. SITS ON ITS GLOBAL EXCLUSIVE
- 22 Passi, personal friend of Prof. Levi, Italian blogger Daniele Passerini reports from the event.
- Italian Metropolitan Radio Station
- Also make sure not to miss Andrea Rossi’s personal website where he answers questions about the E-cat technology every day.
Today, October 30th Andrea Rossi stated on his blog he will soon travel back to the USA to setup manufacturing plans. Discussions with the University of Bologna and Uppsala University about independent testing will soon take place as well. But yesterday was all about relaxing for Andrea. Putting in 15-18 hours of work every day for 9 months straight takes its toll. Rossi declared he would play tennis to contemplate and relax. He is also known to be an avid fan of marathons and training bikes. Anyone working that hard has to maintain a certain level of health in order to keep the show going. And boy, what a show.