“There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things.”
— Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince (1532)
Finally the day had come. The day when all doubts was about to be shattered and shot down from the cloudy, skeptical sky. The October 6 test in Bologna had only been announced for a short time but was of monumental importance for many people. Would October 6, 2011 go down in history as the date when LENR proved to be real? Scientists from several countries were attending. Reporter Mats Lewan of the Swedish technology magazine NyTeknik published a report with the headline: “New test of the E-cat enhances proof of heat” with the conclusion:
The accuracy of the measurements during this test must be considered fairly low.Still, the measurements should lead to the conclusion that this model of the E-cat produced heat at a power of at least 2 to 3 kilowatts in self sustained mode, in this case supposedly with only one of three reactors inside the casing in operation. As a heat exchanger was used in this set up, steam quality had no importance for the calculation.The self sustained mode that went on for over three hours, also seemed extremely stable and showed no measurable sign of weakening.It can also be noted that after three and a half hours of self sustained operation water could still be felt boiling inside, putting a hand on top of the insulated casing. The surface temperature of the insulation was then between 60 and 85 degrees centigrade, meaning that a significant heat loss must have decreased the power output through the steam and the heat exchanger.
Website Ecat.com has released a short video summary of the full day in Italy with a promise to release more videos. In the video, interviews with chemist Roland Pettersson (retired Associate Professor from the University of Uppsala and a colleague of Professor Sven Kullander), formentioned Mats Lewan and Andrea Rossi can be seen.
In the presence of many respected scientists Andrea Rossi received cheering and applause for his achievement at the end of the day, later referred by him on his website as “…one of the best moments of my life.”
Here is a list of attended scientists:
- Prof. Petterson Roland – Uppsala University
- Prof. Campari Enrico (Univ. Bologna)
- Prof. Bonetti Ennio (Univ. Bologna)
- Prof. Levi Giuseppe (Univ. Bologna)
- Prof. Clauzon Pierre (CNAM-CEA Paris)
- Dott. Bianchini David (Univ. Bologna)
- Ing. Swanson Paul D. (Space and Naval Warfare Systems- US Navy)
- Prof. Focardi Sergio (Univ. Bologna)
- Prof. Stremmenos Christos (Univ. Atene)
- Prof. Jobson Edward (Univ. Goteborg)
- Ing. Vandevalle Koen (Belgio)
- Dr Enrico Billi (Fisico, Ricercatore, CINA)
“The perfect energy source is one that doesn’t take up much space, has a virtually inexhaustible supply, is safe, doesn’t put any carbon into the atmosphere, doesn’t leave any long lived radioactive waste, it’s fusion. But there is a catch. Of course there is always a catch in these cases. Fusion is very hard to do. We’ve been trying for 50 years.”
So it’s not difficult to imagine that change will take time. Many skeptics are still not convinced. Other see this test as proof of excess heat. Hank Mills of Peswiki.com writes on Rossi’s website in why he believe the test was a succes:
1) Demonstrated excess energy.
2) Demonstrated massive excess energy after the period of stabilization was complete, even when the drive was completely turned off. This is an example of MASSIVE heat after death.
3) It demonstrated massive excess energy, even while having to deal with huge losses (both due to the heat exchanger and the surface area of the module allowing so much heat to leak). If these losses had been eliminated (perhaps by the use of a very good insulator like aerogel) the measured output would have went through the roof.
1 + 2 + 3 = a BIG success, and proof of cold fusion!
There is no doubt the test was a success. The snakes will deny this, because they either have personal agendas, are paid disinformation agents, or their irrational skepticism blinds them.
Ecatreport shares Hank Mills views and lastly want to congratulate Andrea Rossi to yet another successful test. We look forward to October 28 when the 1MW plant will be started.